An important part of student life is their well-being. Being aware of this, and knowing how to manage it is as important to the growth of students as their academic studies.
Our Well-being diary content consists of Habits of Heart and Mind, which when taught, help us to understand ourselves and others.
Habits of Heart encourage ‘heartfulness’, which is an awareness of self and a connection with others. Habits of Mind encourage ‘mindfulness’, which is an awareness of the way we think and how we understand and learn.
As we get better at identifying the Habits of Heart and Mind in ourselves, we develop an awareness of how using them can improve our relationships with others, and the way in which we study and learn.
Habits of Heart and Mind can be used as a weekly journal, supported by a list of questions, or as a weekly diary entry.
Habits of Heart include;
Habits of Mind include;
- Listening with Understanding & Empathy
- Managing Impulsivity
- Thinking Flexibly
- Thinking About Thinking (Metacognition)
- Apply Past Knowledge to New Situations
- Striving for Accuracy and Precision
- Questioning and Posing Problems
- Taking Responsible Risks
- Gathering Data Through All Senses
- Responding with Wonderment and Awe
- Creating, Imagining and Innovating
- Remaining Open to Continuous Learning
- Thinking and Communicating with Clarity and Precision
- Thinking Interdependently
We’ve ordered our diaries from OBH for the past 8 years and for very good reason. We are always thrilled with the service we receive from David and Leanne, regularly…View All